Skip to main content

PAUL HARVEY'S 'IF I WERE THE DEVIL' TRANSCRIPT - 1965

 ~ EVEN AS WE SEE IT TODAY 2019 ......2023


“If I were the devil … If I were the Prince of Darkness, I’d want to engulf the whole world in darkness. And I’d have a third of its real estate, and four-fifths of its population, but I wouldn’t be happy until I had seized the ripest apple on the tree — Thee. So I’d set about however necessary to take over the United States. I’d subvert the churches first — I’d begin with a campaign of whispers. With the wisdom of a serpent, I would whisper to you as I whispered to Eve: ‘Do as you please.

To the young, I would whisper that ‘The Bible is a myth.’ I would convince them that man created God instead of the other way around. I would confide that what’s bad is good, and what’s good is ‘square.’ And the old, I would teach to pray, after me, ‘Our Father, which art in Washington…

And then I’d get organized. I’d educate authors in how to make lurid literature exciting, so that anything else would appear dull and uninteresting. I’d threaten TV with dirtier movies and vice versa. I’d pedal narcotics to whom I could. I’d sell alcohol to ladies and gentlemen of distinction. I’d tranquilize the rest with pills.

If I were the devil I’d soon have families at war with themselves, churches at war with themselves, and nations at war with themselves; until each in its turn was consumed. And with promises of higher ratings I’d have mesmerizing media fanning the flames. If I were the devil I would encourage schools to refine young intellects, but neglect to discipline emotions — just let those run wild, until before you knew it, you’d have to have drug sniffing dogs and metal detectors at every schoolhouse door.

Within a decade I’d have prisons overflowing, I’d have judges promoting pornography — soon I could evict God from the courthouse, then from the schoolhouse, and then from the houses of Congress. And in His own churches I would substitute psychology for religion, and deify science. I would lure priests and pastors into misusing boys and girls, and church money. If I were the devil I’d make the symbols of Easter an egg and the symbol of Christmas a bottle.

If I were the devil I’d take from those who have, and give to those who want until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious.

And what do you bet I could get whole states to promote gambling as the way to get rich? I would caution against extremes and hard work in Patriotism, in moral conduct. I would convince the young that marriage is old-fashioned, that swinging is more fun, that what you see on the TV is the way to be. And thus, I could undress you in public, and I could lure you into bed with diseases for which there is no cure. In other words, if I were the devil I’d just keep right on doing what he’s doing.”

Paul Harvey, good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Edomites

  The Edomites Edom is Esau: Mt. Seir, Mt. Paran 1950 BC: Esau conquers Horites at Seir and sets up administrative presence in Edom.   1926 BC: Esau moves to "Edom/Seir" with family   605 BC: Edom invades and occupies Judah Negev   587 BC: Edom burns Solomon's temple   550 BC: Edom displaced by Arabs Transjordan   Edom unlocks the key to dating Obadiah to 586 BC   Exodus period Nations in Canaan The Amorites The Moabites The Edomites   Introduction: Quick links in this document: a.        Section I : Edom's territory and locating Kadesh Barnea during the Exodus: 1446 BC b.        Section II : Edom's participation in Babylonian Captivity of 605-587 BC c.         Section III : Histor...

Nothing to see here "The Jabber"wokey"

 Was playing with Chat gtp    asked it for all cause deaths in Britain from 1970 to 2025   anthen when was the jabberwokey  first given  Then I did the same for Japan YIKES ..........   no Im not editing the table its a friggen nightmare  all-cause (total) deaths in Japan, 1970–1990 , drawn from Japan’s Vital Statistics (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare): Year                Deaths 1970    712,962 1971    684,521 1972      683,751 1973    709,416 1974   710,510 1975   702,275 1976   703,270 1977    690,074 1978    695,821 ...
  The Word Jew Is NOT In The Bible But Blunt Publisher Manipulation Is C H U R C H R E F O R M S E R I E S By Biblicism Institute “A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.” – Mark Twain The word Jew is nowhere to be found in the good book The word “Jew” did not come into existence until the year 1775 A.D., whereas the occurrences in the bible took place from around 4000 B.C. to 70 A.D. WHO IS A JEW? Its modern connotation points to someone who follows and adheres to a faith similar to that of the Pharisees of Judah, but  is not  of the tribe and stock of Judah. In other words, Jews are people from nations other than the 12 Hebrew tribes who practice a religion known as  Judaism/Pharisaism , the doctrine of the Pharisees. It is much like those who believe in Christ and are called Christians, in honor of the One whom they follow, and their religion is known as Christianity, the doctrine of Christ. If one were to say th...